6 Simple Ways to Spruce Up Your Home
Updating your home can be costly and time consuming, but here are 6 simple ways to spruce up your home!
1. First impressions are everything. Spruce up your front door. You may choose a bright paint colour for a welcoming entrance, a new door knob, or a wreath. Some chairs or a mat on your porch can make quite a difference and create a more welcoming front entrance.
2. Refresh your walls with vibrant colours. What's your favourite colour? Have some fun and paint an accent wall a bright colour. A simple coat of paint can help to brighten a room and create a fun vibe.
3. Pillows galore. Brighten up any room by adding accent pillows. Whether you want to add a pop of colour, some texture, or a unique pattern, pillows are an easy and inexpensive way to do so.
4. Bring the beach into your home in a simple way. Buy some synthetic coral from your local aquarium or fish store. It lasts longer than real coral, is more eco-friendly, comes in amazing colours and costs a lot less. Try mounting coral on wooden stands, framing them or using them as centrepieces for your dining room table.
5. Clean up your kitchen cabinets. Kitchen cabinets can be spruced up in a weekend with a fresh coat of paint or stain. For a more European-vibe you may want to change out your cupboard doors for windowed ones or even take them off completely. If your cabinetry is just plain dirty, use a brush and a wood cleaner to get those dirty fingerprints out.
6. Let the sun shine in. Strategic placement of a mirror can add an enormous amount of natural light in your home. If possible, hang a large mirror in the living room directly where the sun beams in. In addition to bouncing light, it creates virtual space and makes the room look bigger.