10 Ways to Prepare Your Home For Sale
When selling your home, it is important to have it show in pristine condition so that prospective buyers will remember the home and keep it in the front of their mind as their number one option. Use these 10 tips in order to whip your home into the best shape and wow all of your potential buyers!
1. Landscape. Curb appeal is extremely important for first impressions. Be sure to upkeep your home’s lawn, prune bushes, weed your garden, and plant flowers.
2. Clean the outside. This tip relates to landscaping as a sloppy exterior gives the buyers the impression that you may have slacked off on both interior and exterior maintenance. Be sure to clean the gutters, pressure wash your home’s siding, and clear any clutter such as garbage bins in order to have a tidy appearance.
3. Make repairs. Be sure to take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage buyers. This will help to ensure that you attract the most qualified buyers and show them that your home is one that his been well maintained and taken care of.
4. Create an inviting front door. A fresh coat of paint in a contrasting colour helps make your door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so that buyers can easily see your home number from the curb.
5. Welcome mat. This simple and inexpensive piece of décor helps to let buyers know that they’re invited into your home!
6. Remove clutter and depersonalize! It is important to depersonalize your home as potential buyers want to envision themselves with their belongings there. This also allows them to be less distracted.
7. Organize closets and drawers. By cleaning up and organizing your closets, you show the potential buyers that there is ample storage space in the home.
8. Make every surface shine. Be sure that everything from ceiling fans to floors are sparkly and shiny!
9. Take colour down a notch. You may love your bright pink wall, but that may turn buyers off. Paint your walls a neutral colour so that they will appeal to all buyers.
10. Eliminate bad odours. Hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. When showing the home, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers and baking a batch of cookies.
Be sure to use these tips to prepare your home for sale! Have questions or concerns? Looking to buy or sell? Call us today! 519-824-9050